When cherries are in season, they are divine for cooking with – they make fantastic jam, ice cream, and smoothies – but they can also take the place of more traditional blueberries when you’re baking muffins.
Because there are always overripe bananas in our house (or in our freezer), I’ve taken to using a basic banana bread recipe as muffins – and it turns out a handful of cherries goes very well stirred into the batter.
So if you’re adore both bananas and cherries, you’ll definitely love this cherry banana muffins recipe. Check below.
Cherry Banana Muffins Recipe
This recipe will make 15 muffins
Nutritional value of 1 Muffin:
Calories: 119 Fat: 2 g Carbs: 17 g Protein: 10 g
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp honey or 2 tbs liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup cherries
- Mix well all ingredients in a blender, except cherries.
- Spray the muffin forms with the cooking spray and pour the mixture inside in each muffin form.
- Add unpitted cherries on top or at the bottom of the muffin form.
- Bake the muffins for about 15-20 min in the oven under 200 Celsius (392 Fahrenheit).