Creamy Broccoli & Cauliflower Soup Recipe
The recipe makes 1 litre of soup.
The nutritional value of 100ml:
Calories: 165kcal Fat: 9g Protein: 10g Carbs: 6g
Servings: 1 Liter
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 500 grams cauliflower
- 250 grams broccoli
- 250 grams cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add chopped onion, garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add sliced cauliflower and sauté it for about 5-7 minutes. Afterwards add milk, salt, pepper and cook on a low heat until cauliflower softens.
- Meantime, heat broth in another pot, add sliced broccoli (small pieces), grated carrot and cook.
- When cauliflower gets soft, mix it in a blender. Add in the cheddar cheese, cooked broccoli together with broth and cook until cheese melts. You can either blend the broccoli or leave it as it is in pieces.
- When the soup is too thick, you can add a bit of more broth or milk. Season according to your taste.
- You can serve it with whole-grain croutons